Ukraine is a country worth to be discovered
- It is the largest country in Europe and the second largest on the continent after Russia and is about twice the size of Italy.
- It borders with the European Union member-states: Poland, Hungary, Romania, Slovakia and also Moldova, Belarus, Russian Federation.
- Geographical centre of Europe is in the small city of Rakhiv.
- Ukraine has coastline at the Black Sea and Sea of Azov to the south.
- It has mountain ranges – the Carpathian mountain are good for skiing, hiking, fishing and hunting.
- Within its large borders, Ukraine has seven World Heritage Sites.
- The first state constitution in Europe was created by a Ukrainian politician Pylyp Orlyk in 1710. For example, U.S. Constitution was adopted in 1787 and French and Polish in 1791.
- Ukraine is among most educated nations in the world. Ukraine stands 4th in the world in terms of most educated population. 99,4 % of Ukrainians aged 15 and over can read and write. 70% of adult Ukrainians have a secondary or higher education.
- The biggest and the heaviest aircraftwith the highest cargo capacity in the World was constructed in Ukraine and is called AN-225 “Mria” (from Ukrainian – “a dream”). Its length is 84 m, height – 18 m, total cargo capacity – 250 tons.
- More than 12 million foreign tourists visit Ukraine each year.
- Ukrainecontains around 5% of the worlds’ mineral resources.
- Ukraine has the World’s 5th largest and fastest growing IT outsourcing services market in the World. [https://globaledge.msu.edu/countries/ukraine]
Today, Ukraine is a country of hospitality, traditions, fabulous nature, architectural landmarks and friendly people.
|National Flag||Official language||Independence||Area||Population||Capital||Currency||Life expectancy||Actual Time|
|Ukrainian||August, 24th, 1991||603550 km²||44,831,159 (2017)||Kyiv||Ukrainian Hryvnya (UAH)||64 years (men),
75 years (women)
Climate: moderately continental.
Average winter temperature is -8° (+17° F). In the Southern regions average winter temperature is 0° C (+32° F).
Average summer temperature is +25° C (+77° F), although maximum temperature can be more than +35°C (+95° F).